Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome

I've been a full-time stay-at-home mom for 5 weeks now . . . and I'm not sure what I was thinking.  Don't get me wrong - I love my son.  But we've just moved across the country away from my family and in with my parents family.  (Play dramatic music here.)

I thought this would be a simple process of staying with them for 2-4 weeks.  We're now 5 weeks into it with three more to go until we close on our house.  I'm counting the days.  I have great in-laws for the most part but it's time for us to go.  I thought my every move was scrutinized BEFORE we moved here but now I'm under the microscope.

Anyways, today is one of those days when I'm feeling sorry for myself.  My son has been having bad allergies for about 10 days with coughing and sinus drainage.  That means late nights for me for over a week and I do NOT function well when tired.  PLUS - we're expecting our second kiddo in March!

So really I just needed an anonymous outlet for all the frustrations and aggravations that I've been having the last few weeks.  My hope for this blog is that it becomes a humorous place for encouragement as I stumble through learning how to be a mom.  How did those pioneer women do it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment